Your employer must provide you with certain protections.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- Before you perform handler tasks on an agricultural establishment, you should receive training and access to site-specific information about the recent pesticide application(s).
- When mixing and loading pesticides, your employer should provide materials for routine washing and emergency decontamination.
- When handling pesticides with labels requiring eye protection, you must have immediate access to at least one pint of water at all times.
- Within two years after performing handler tasks, you can request information about pesticides you may have been exposed to, either by asking directly or through a designated representative.
- Your employer cannot retaliate against you for complying with the WPS.
Frequently Asked Questions
Sign up for WPS email updates specifically for pesticide handlers.